Tips on Preventing Bed Bugs When Traveling
Traveling is an adventure that everyone should experience throughout their lives. The sights you will see, the people you will meet, and the experiences you will encounter can change your life for the better in so many ways. However, the one thing that can change your life for the worst are bed bugs. Always stay protected from these pests during your travels.
- No matter how nice the hotel or home is, always inspect the furniture, especially the beds. Look over the sheets, mattress covers, and mattresses themselves. Check for any small spots that could resemble bed bugs or their feces.
- If you happen to find bed bugs in a specific room of a hotel, notify management and ask for a new room. Make sure the room is on a different floor or a few doors down the hall. However, do not receive a room that is directly above or below the infested room.
- Keep all of your items in your suitcase throughout your travels. For added insurance, place your suitcase in a protective plastic bag to keep any unwanted guests out of your personal belongings.
- After leaving a place you have visited, inspect your suitcase, each piece of clothing, as well as your own body. Bed bugs can latch onto your body as well as hide in small spaces in your luggage.
- To be completely safe, wash all of your clothing after a trip even if it was washed during your stay away from home. Wash all clothing in hot water and give them another look over after they have been dried.
A few quick tips can mean the difference between living a bug free life and getting your blood sucked on a nightly basis. All it takes is one pest to start the process of an infestation. The moment you notice a single pest, call the professionals at Knockout Pest Control. We’ll help you prevent an infestation, or exterminate an existing one. To learn more, or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (800) 244-7378.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+!