Navigating the Start of Termite Season
Springtime brings warm weather, budding trees, and the perfect conditions for termite populations.
In the spring, termite swarmers, also known as alates, leave their existing colonies. They make their journeys in search of mates to reproduce with and create new colonies. Because of this, spring can be a highly destructive time to New York homes.
Did you know termites cause more than $5 billion in property damage in the U.S alone every year? Termite damage is not covered by homeowner’s insurance. Because of this, keeping your home protected BEFORE you have a infestation is key to preventing unwanted repair costs.
Signs of Termite Activity
Harsh New York winters can create wear and tear on your home. This makes it a prime target for subterranean termites looking for structures to build their colonies in. It’s imperative that homeowners take preventative cautions year-round and know how to spot the warning signs of an infestation.
Termite Warning Signs Include:
- Mud tubes on the inside and outside of the house
- Soft, hollow sounding wood
- Uneven or bubbling paint
- Discarded wings
- Small piles of feces that resemble sawdust
The Knockout professionals can immediately determine the extent of the problem. They can then provide a recommended course of action to eliminate the infestation.
How to Get Rid of Termites This Spring
The key things to look for in a pest control company are:
- Local knowledge and expertise in detecting the presence of local New York species.
- Use of proven, cutting edge baiting systems—Knockout Pest Control was the first company in our region authorized to use Sentricon® and is the most experienced in its use. Independent research at 30 universities and more than 15 years of real-world success make Sentricon unique among commercial treatment options.
- Elimination of all the termites including the colony’s queen.
- Exercise of utmost care in the use of all methods to protect your family or staff, pets and the environment.
Knockout Pest Control is your local expert at knocking out termite infestations, inspecting structures for existing activity, and offering recommendations to keep your home protected. We serve all of Long Island, New York City, and Westchester and Rockland Counties with 24 hour service seven days a week.