5 Natural Ways to Keep A Mouse Infestation At Bay
Mice infestations are quite common, especially during the cold weather months. Don’t reach for the poison as a solution to your problems because it will not cause instant death. A mouse can ingest it, crawl back to its unknown hiding place, and die. You wouldn’t want an animal corpse sitting in your home for who knows how long, would you?
- No Re-entry – Inspect each room in your home as well as the outside of your home. Look for any holes or cracks, and begin sealing them up. Use pieces of metal mesh to prevent the mice from chewing through your new blockade.
- Mouse Traps – The original way to dispose of mice still works. Grab yourself a set of traps and set them up with some food as the bait. You can choose between glue, electric, or snap traps. Just be careful of this option if you have small children or pets around the house.
- Kitty Cat – Mice are the prey for animals like cats, but not everyone owns a cat. Whether you have one or not, purchase a bag of kitty litter and place small bowls of it around your home. The smell of the litter will drive the mice away.
- Maintenance – The best way to rid your home of mice is to keep them from entering in the first place. Mice look for crumbs and spills so if you keep your house in immaculate condition, they’ll have no reason to linger.
- Professionals – The optimal way to get rid of an infestation of mice is to have experts come in and take care of the problem for you. Many pest control companies use non-toxic ways of ridding your home of mice. Most infestations are not cured with one visit from a pest control technician. Sometimes multiple visits are required to beat an infestation; which is why many pest control companies offer full year pest management plans.
There are some ways you can keep a mouse infestation from getting out of hand. The best way is to hire a professional to get the job done for you. The pest management professionals at Knockout Pest Control can make your mouse problem disappear, but more importantly — keep it from reappearing! Learn more about our services and full year plans by heading to our website, or by calling (800) 244-7378.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+!