Discovering bed bugs in your home is one of the last things you want to see when you’re making your bed.
Primarily because infestations can be next to impossible to remove without the help of a professional pest control company. To avoid becoming infested with bed bugs, make sure you…
- Inspect hotel rooms and foreign bedrooms before unpacking your luggage or getting into the bed. Check the bed, bedframe, sheets, chairs, etc.
- Use luggage racks, rather than placing your bags on the bed or floor.
- Don’t leave worn clothes on the floor or on the bed. Place all worn clothing in a large plastic bag — you’ll also be able to repack it quickly when it’s time to check out or leave.
- Derobe on a hard surface in the bathroom; avoid carpeting when taking off or putting on clothing.
- Upon returning from your trip, inspect your luggage before putting things away.
- Inspect any secondhand furniture before bringing it into your home.
- Vacuum regularly to remove any bedbugs and any eggs they might’ve laid in the carpeting.
- Avoid having extensive clutter in your home. Bed bugs hang out in small spaces, so eliminate clutter to bring them out of hiding.
- Cover your mattress and box spring in a protective cover designed to prevent bed bugs. Purchase a higher quality casing to prevent it from ripping or wearing.
- Seal any cracks or gaps around door and window frames, electrical outlets, light sockets, baseboards, etc.
Bed bug infestations are some of the hardest to remove, so it’s important to know how to protect yourself and your home from acquiring one.
When your home develops a bed bug infestation, contact Knockout Pest Control. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, give u a call at (800) 244-7378.