Tips to Help Remove Crickets From Your Home
Did you know there are four main types of crickets you can see on an everyday basis? House crickets, camel crickets, field crickets, and mole crickets are all species that can hop right into your home and cause an infestation. If you’re looking to keep these linen eating bugs out of your home, it’s best you follow these tips.
- Set the Traps – One of the most popular cricket traps is called a pitfall trap. This trap has a top surface that is extremely slippery with a hole in the center. When a cricket lands on the surface of this trap it will slip into the hole where it will be killed in a soapy water solution.
- Suck ‘Em Up – When crickets enter you home, they have the opportunity to lay their eggs in places like the carpeting. Use a powerful HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) vacuum cleaner and filter to have the best chance of removing the eggs from your home. Afterward, immediately expose of the vacuum bag in the outside garbage.
- Seal the Envelope – Crickets enter your home by finding small holes and cracks in the exterior of your house. Inspect your home and fill these gaps with a caulking sealant to prevent future crickets (and other pests) from entering. Common places to seal are windows, door frames, foundation cracks, etc.
- Soapy Spray – The reason pitfall traps use soapy water is because this solution penetrates the crickets’ skin, eventually killing them. Fill up a spray bottle with soapy water and begin spraying it throughout your home. Not only can this kill current crickets, but it can also act as a repellent for future ones.
- Call the Pros – When you see crickets in your home, don’t just assume there’s one or two. Insects like this lay eggs at an alarming rate, so before you know it you can have a house filled with these icky insects. Pick up the phone and dial your local pest management professionals to remove the infestation for you in an efficient manner.
If you see a cricket hop into your home, you better hop into action — and quick! When a cricket infestation becomes too much to handle, contact Knockout Pest Control. To learn more, or to schedule an inspection, give us a call at (800) 244-7378.