Springtime brings warm weather, budding trees, and the perfect conditions for termite populations. The silent destroyers cause more than $5 billion in property damage in the U.S alone every year. This damage is not covered by homeowner’s insurance.
The wear and tear on your home caused by the harsh New York winters make for prime targets of termites looking for structures to build their colonies in. It’s imperative that homeowners take preventative cautions year-round and know how to spot the warning signs of an infestation. Such signs include:
- Mud tubes on the outside of the home.
- Soft, hollow sounding wood.
- Uneven or bubbling paint.
- Discarded wings.
- Small piles of feces that resemble sawdust.
The Knockout professionals can immediately determine the extent of the problem and provide a recommended course of action to eliminate the infestation.
The key things to look for in a pest control company when eliminating and preventing a termite infestation are:
- Local knowledge and expertise in detecting the presence of local species.
- Use of proven, cutting edge baiting systems, (Knockout was the first company in our region authorized to use Sentricon® and is the most experienced in its use. Independent research at 30 universities and more than 15 years of real-world success make Sentricon unique among commercial treatment options.)
- Elimination of all the termites including the Queen.
- Exercise of utmost care in the use of all methods to protect your family or staff, pets and the environment.
Knockout Pest Control is your local expert at knocking out termite infestations and inspecting structures for termite problems. We serve all of Long Island, New York City, and Westchester and Rockland Counties with 24 hour service seven days a week.