Are you sick of the itching and scratching yet!? Mosquito bites are some of the most irritating and common bug bites you can get. Rather than dealing with the multiple bumps on your arms, legs, and torso, consider of a few home remedy repellents to keep these pests away.
For Your Property
The first thing you should do is to try and eliminate the mosquito population — at least from your property. What’s the point of having a backyard patio or deck if you’re too afraid to sit on it?
- Mosquitoes need water to lay their eggs so it’s important to not have any surrounding your home. Inspect your property and get rid of any standing water. Watch out for watering cans, empty plant pots, etc.
- Throw some sage or rosemary into your next firepit to keep the mosquitoes away. The scent of these herbs will create a safe haven for your yard for as long as the fire is burning.
Break out your shovel and gloves because it’s time to head over to the garden! Plants like marigolds, asters, basil, and coriander are the most efficient plants at repelling many types of insects.
For Your Skin
You’ll never be able to rid your entire property of every mosquito, so the next step is to protect your body. Apply these repellents to your skin:
- Lemon Eucalyptus Oil
- Baby Oil
- Imitation Vanilla Extract
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Garlic Juice (Eating garlic or using garlic pills also works)
How to Soothe the Bites
You can’t keep every mosquito from biting you. Apply these home remedies to relieve your skin from the itchiness:
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic Paste
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda and Water Paste
- Vitamin B
Mosquitoes are some of the most annoying summer pests when they fly around your head AND long after they’re gone. When you want to rid these and any other pests from your home, contact the professionals at Knockout Pest Control. To learn more, or to schedule an inspection, give us a call at (800) 244-7378.