How to Choose a Pest Control Company
Choosing a pest control company isn’t easy. They all say they are the best. But how do you really know? What criteria should you consider? Get past all the claims and look at the unbiased third party ratings, standards and reviews.
Better Business Bureau: Knockout is accredited
The Better Business Bureau accredits company based on standards of trustworthiness, validated truth of claims, record of honoring promises, responsiveness to customers, and safeguarding the privacy of customer data.
Quality Pro Standards: Knockout has been certified since 2009
Fewer than 10% of pest management companies have earned Quality Pro certification by the National Pest Management Association. Companies achieving this designation are pioneers in pest control methods and are standard-setters in customer service:
- Employee screening, hiring practices, and comprehensive background and reference checks
- Rigorous financial responsibility criteria
- Service vehicle and employee appearance requirements
- Job safety and environmental stewardship obligations regarding pesticide handling and use
- Integrity, accuracy and clarity in marketing, advertising and warranty conditions
- Provision for comprehensive technician training in integrated pest management including inspection, pest identification, establishment of threshold levels for pest activity, appropriate application of control and management measures, and effectiveness evaluation
Green Pest Management Innovation: One of only 135 companies in U.S. certified GreenPro: LEED certification track record
Caring for the environment is an important to the health of your family, pets and employees—and is the right thing to do for the community. When choosing a pest control company Look for companies certified as GreenPro by the National Pest Management Association. Involvement with U.S. Green Building Council and documented LEED certification (Leadership in Energy and Environment Design) shows commitment and knowledge of methods.
Customer Service Awards: Angie’s List Super Service Award for 8th Year
Third party aggregation of customer reviews and ratings will give you a non-biased view of how companies treat their customers and the results they achieve.
Local Knowledge/Local Commitment: Knockout Has a 40 Track Record of Serving Customers and the Community
Look for experts in the pests and local variations in species in the New York City, Long Island, Westchester and Rockland County. Local involvement and civic commitment helps build our community.