Are you deathly afraid of spiders? Even though a majority of the spiders you would find in your home this winter won’t cause you any harm, we get that you don’t want them there. If you want to repel spiders from coming into your home, be sure to keep these items in your home…
- Peppermint Oil – One of the best repellents for spiders is this minty essential oil. The potency of this essential oil is so effective that it can successfully repel pests such as spiders, mice, mosquitoes, and many more. Place a few drops of this oil on cotton balls and scatter them throughout your home (preferably in high traffic pest areas).
- White Vinegar – Since white vinegar has a high acid content, this is perfect to use against spiders. Place an equal amount of white vinegar and water in a spray bottle and use as needed. Spray directly onto spiders, their cobwebs, and areas that you’ve seen spiders in the past.
- Eucalyptus – This plant has a very distinct menthol smell that drives spiders crazy! While you can use eucalyptus essential oils on cotton balls (like you can with peppermint oil), opt for the actual plant. Remember that the eucalyptus plant needs a lot of sunlight, so strategically place these plants in sun-lit areas of your home.
- Cinnamon – Do you know where the high-traffic areas of your home are when it comes to spiders? If so, sprinkle some cinnamon here to deter spiders from continuing to enter your home. Spiders won’t cross a line or sprinkle of this spice, so be sure to keep some closeby at all times.
- Clean Homes – A home filled with crumbs and spills will attract many different pests, some of which will be spiders. Make sure the floors are vacuumed, spills are wiped up, and clutter has been cleared. The less of a mess your home is, the less of a chance you’ll have of finding spiders and other infestations in your home.
If you hate spiders and don’t want to see any in your home, be sure to keep a few of these things stored in your home. When you want to remove a spider infestation (or any other type of infestation) from your home or business, schedule an inspection with our pest management professionals.